Frank Drost

Default Format listing in Outline

Hi all,

I got a different computer now with different software. I
have now microsoft office word version 11., and the
settings are not the same like in my old computer. In
Word, in outline I always had a column on the left side
that shows the format of each paragraph (heading, TOC,
etc) of my text, but I don't have that now, and I can't
find out how to get that back. Does anyone have an idea,
or is this particular feature not possible in this
version?

Thanks.

Daiya Mitchell

It's the style area. Go to Tools | Options, View, and enter something other
than zero for the width of the style area. You need to be in either Normal
View or Outline View, I think.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/