JLMJ204

Default How print single page of text to pages with huge text for poster

I want to print a poster (pages that will be taped together) from a single
page of text. How is is this done?
Anne Troy

I don't think Word provides a facility for this. You'd literally have to
create the pages the way you'd want to tape them together. Consider taking a
regular doc to Kinkos and have them blow it up for you.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"JLMJ204" wrote in message
I want to print a poster (pages that will be taped together) from a single
page of text. How is is this done?

Herb Tyson [MVP]

Some printers offer poster printing as an option. I use the Canon Pixma
ip5000. It can spread a single sheet over 2, 4, 9 or 16 pieces of paper. To
do it, I create a 1-page document. Then, from Word's menu, choose File -
Print - Properties, Page Setup tab. In the Printing Type section, I choose
Poster Printing, which cause s Specify button to appear. I click on that
button to tell the printer how many sheets to use.

It's unlikely you have the same printer I have, but it isn't all that
unlikely that your printer has a similar feature, accessed similarly. Good
luck!

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"JLMJ204" wrote in message
I want to print a poster (pages that will be taped together) from a single
page of text. How is is this done?

JLMJ204

Thanks for the info. At least now I can stop trying to figure it out. It
seems like it would be such a basic command. I guess word is primarily set
up for use in businesses...not schools. JJ

"JLMJ204" wrote in message
I want to print a poster (pages that will be taped together) from a single
page of text. How is is this done?

JLMJ204

HOORAY! My home printer HP officejet 7100 has a similar feature. Using the
copy function I was able to copy a printed copy of my original onto a poster
1, 2, ,3, or 4 sheets wide. My students will be very happy with their HUGE
classroom constitutuion. Thank you very much for your assistance. JJ

"JLMJ204" wrote in message
I want to print a poster (pages that will be taped together) from a single
page of text. How is is this done?

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

More and more printers have that feature. I have a friend who's a needlework
designer and she uses it to make LARGE copies of antique samplers for her
lectures. (Personally I don't like them because they look pieced together
but...)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JLMJ204" wrote in message
I want to print a poster (pages that will be taped together) from a
single
page of text. How is is this done?

Herb Tyson [MVP]

But, who needs Publisher when you have Word and a modern printer? ;-) gd&r

Coming up next: How to use Word as a hammer.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
And of course you could also mention, JoAnn, that Publisher has native
support for tiling large documents to any printer.

so
all may benefit.

"JLMJ204" wrote in message
I want to print a poster (pages that will be taped together) from a
single
page of text. How is is this done?

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

And after that: How to chase Herb with said hammer. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JLMJ204" wrote in message
I want to print a poster (pages that will be taped together) from a
single
page of text. How is is this done?

Herb Tyson [MVP]

Hey... nothing like a good chaser. ;-)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote in message
And after that: How to chase Herb with said hammer. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
But, who needs Publisher when you have Word and a modern printer? ;-)
gd&r

Coming up next: How to use Word as a hammer.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
And of course you could also mention, JoAnn, that Publisher has native
support for tiling large documents to any printer.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.