Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Larry_from_Los_Angeles Larry_from_Los_Angeles is offline

Default Toolbar - remove item

There are several items on the toolbar that I never use like strikethrough
and justify. How is it possible to remove these button icons?
--
Larry
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What version of Word? If Word 2003 or earlier, press the Alt key and drag
the tool off the toolbar. When you see an X appear next to it, take your
finger off the mouse button.

If Word 2007... you can remove items from the Quick Access Toolbar
(right-click the item and choose Remove), but you'd need to invest some time
to understanding Ribbon-X in order to remove something from the ribbon.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible