Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
MBW MBW is offline

Default is there a "repeat" function for mail merge

I need to creat some flashcards and our printer would them 4 up, I have the
document set up as a mail merge. I would like to know if anyone know if
there is a way to have a merge "repeat" before going to "next record"
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

No, but you can re-use the same field names and get the same data before
using Next record.

For example if you want 4 copies of the same card per page, you can set up
the page as if it were going to print 4 different records per page, then
remove all the Next record fields.

If you need more than 4 copies - for example 8 copies of each card - copy
page one of your mail merge main document and paste it to the end of the
document. Then you have a two-page layout that will do eight identical cards
at a time if you don't use any Next record fields.

If you're printing double-sided, things are different and you need to know
what sequence the pages are going to be printed in.

Peter Jamieson