Louise

Default Right-click shortcuts

Hi all

Is it possible to add your own shortcuts to a 'right-click' list? In other
words, when using tables and you can right-click to insert row/column etc. I
'split tables' a lot. Is it possible to customise the right-click menus so
you can add your own functions??

Thank you.

Louise
Stefan Blom

Right-click a toolbar and click Customize. In the Customize dialog
box, click the Toolbars tab. Select the Shortcut menus item. Word will
display a toolbar with its context menus and you'll be able to
customize them just like you customize any toolbar in a document.
Note, however, that there are many different categories, which means
that you may have to add/remove options in several several locations
to get the behavior you want!

While you are in the Customize dialog, consider to specify a keyboard
shortcut for the functions you use most frequently. This can save a
lot of time.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Louise" wrote in message
Hi all

Is it possible to add your own shortcuts to a 'right-click' list?

In other
words, when using tables and you can right-click to insert

row/column etc. I
'split tables' a lot. Is it possible to customise the right-click

menus so
you can add your own functions??

Thank you.

Louise

Louise

Hi

Thank you for your reply. I have tried this and it does let me add icons
etc. to the existing toolbars, however, I wanted to add an option in a 'right
click' menu rather than an actual toolbar. For example, when I create a
table, I want to be able to right-click inside it and choose 'split table'
which, by default, doesn't appear.

Is this possible?

Thank you.

Louise

"Louise" wrote in message
Hi all

Is it possible to add your own shortcuts to a 'right-click' list?

In other
words, when using tables and you can right-click to insert

row/column etc. I
'split tables' a lot. Is it possible to customise the right-click

menus so
you can add your own functions??

Thank you.

Louise

Stefan Blom

The Shortcut Menus toolbar represents Word's context (right-click)
menus. Once you have displayed that toolbar, click the Commands tab in
the Customize dialog box, locate the TableSplit command (it's in the
All Commands category), and then drag it to the appropriate location.
For example, you can drag it to TableTable Text on the Shortcut Menus
toolbar. Then the Split Table command will display when the insertion
point is in a table cell (but not when the cell is selected).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Louise" wrote in message
Hi all

Is it possible to add your own shortcuts to a 'right-click'

list?
In other
words, when using tables and you can right-click to insert

row/column etc. I
'split tables' a lot. Is it possible to customise the

right-click
menus so
you can add your own functions??

Thank you.