catmom

Default change text direction does not work

I am trying to make the text in my document vertical. The text direction
button under format is greyed out. How can I fix this problem?
Doug Robbins

That feature is only available for text inside a table. If you can arrange
your text inside a table, you can use it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"catmom" wrote in message
I am trying to make the text in my document vertical. The text direction
button under format is greyed out. How can I fix this problem?

CyberTaz

You can also put the text in a text box or AutoShape & change the Text
Direction. Using a shape also gives you flexibility to position as desired
as well as choice of border/fill.

Another option is to use Word Art, which can also be free-rotated.

Regards |:)

On 8/27/05 2:46 PM, in article
, "catmom"
wrote:

I am trying to make the text in my document vertical. The text direction
button under format is greyed out. How can I fix this problem?

The Text Direction command is available for text in a table cell, frame, or
text box; text in an AutoShape is a special type of text box. WordArt is not
really "text," but it can be manipulated in many more ways than ordinary
text. If you want all the text in your document rotated, set the page layout
to landscape.