Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Araiza444 Araiza444 is offline

Default Word not retain custom toolbars, shortcut keys, or other settings

I am having trouble with Microsoft Word 2003 retain any custom toolbars,
custom shortcut keys, and other personalized settings. If I customize
anything in word while running the program, all of my changes become lost
after I shut-down and restart word. I have tried to repair the problem by
running detect and repair, uninstalling and completely removing, then
reinstalling and nothing has worked. Please help.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Do you have Adobe Acrobat (not Reader) installed? If so make sure you update
to the most current verson (7.0.4, I think). Or you might have a look at:

http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

If not Acrobat, do you have any add-ins or other software installed that
interacts in some way with Word? They are what frequently interfere with
saving customizations. Until you can nail it down you might try using the
Save All command (hold Shift while mousing to FileSave All) & see if that
enables holding on to your customizations.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones