Michael O.

Default OCR in Office XP?

Does Office XP contain OCR? I have Office '03 and I know that it does have
one, but I was telling one of my friends about it and wasn't sure if that
function is available in Office XP. Does anybody know if it does/doesn't have
an OCR, or the capability of converting scanned pages into text?
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Michael,

Yes, Office XP does have MS Document Imaging/Scanning
(aka "Microsoft Paper"). The Office 2003 version works
a bit better, but both seem to fall short in accuracy
if the document being scanned has any 'difficult to read'
items such as the fonts used on the paper when compared
with some of the longtime 3rd party products such as those
http://scansoft.com or http://abbyyusa.com/

======
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx