Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phil Galey Phil Galey is offline

Default MailMerge - File Conversion Problem

I have Word 2000 v 9.0. I have a document that has MailMerge codes in it.
When I open the document, the File Conversion dialog box comes up, so I
click Unicode UTF8 because that makes it look correct and I save it. Now, I
open it back up again and it again gives me the same dialog box.

How can I get it to remember my File Conversion selection, so that it will
just open and be ready for me to give it the command to merge?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Tools options general - uncheck 'confirm conversions on open'. With
this checked it will *always* prompt.