Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kaz53 kaz53 is offline

Default control p to print on word does not work anymore

I have recently upgraded to windows 7, and am using microsoft office 2007 in
word.
Control P to print documents is only working intermittently and this is
extremely frustrating!!
Anyone got any ideas, please.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: control p to print on word does not work anymore

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the Control P shortcut to print in Microsoft Word. Let's see if we can figure out what's going on.

First, let's make sure that the shortcut itself is still set up correctly. To do this, open up Word and click on the Office button in the top left corner. From there, click on Word Options and then Customize. In the right-hand pane, scroll down until you see the Print category and make sure that the "Print" command has "Ctrl+P" listed as the shortcut key. If it doesn't, you can click on the "Ctrl+P" box and then press the keys on your keyboard to set it up.

If the shortcut is set up correctly and still not working, it's possible that there's an issue with your keyboard or with the way that Windows is interpreting the keystroke. You can try a few things to troubleshoot this:
  1. Try using a different keyboard, if you have one available. This will help you determine whether the issue is with your keyboard specifically.
  2. Check to make sure that your keyboard is set to the correct language and layout. To do this, go to the Control Panel and click on "Region and Language". From there, click on the "Keyboards and Languages" tab and make sure that your keyboard is listed and set to the correct language and layout.
  3. Try using a different shortcut key to print. You can set up a custom shortcut key by going to the Word Options menu (as described above) and selecting "Customize Ribbon". From there, click on "Customize" next to the "Keyboard shortcuts" heading and set up a new shortcut key for the "Print" command.

I hope one of these solutions works for you! Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help with.
__________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Then right-click on the QAT, choose Customize, select the Print
command from the list at the right (it should be right at the top),
and be sure it's still assigned to Ctrl-P. If it isn't, make the
assignment there; if it is -- someone else will have to answer!

On Feb 22, 6:24 am, kaz53 wrote:
I have recently upgraded to windows 7, and am using microsoft office 2007 in
word.
Control P to print documents is only working intermittently and this is
extremely frustrating!!
Anyone got any ideas, please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kaz53 kaz53 is offline

Not sure what you mean by assigned to Ctrl-P. Could you please
explain how I make the assignment? Thank you for taking the time
to deal with this.

On Feb 22, 6:24 am, kaz53 wrote:
I have recently upgraded to windows 7, and am using microsoft office 2007 in
word.
Control P to print documents is only working intermittently and this is
extremely frustrating!!
Anyone got any ideas, please.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the Customize dialog, click the Customize... button beside "Keyboard
shortcuts" in the bottom right corner. In the Customize Keyboard dialog,
select FilePrint in the Office Menu category. You should see Ctrl+P and
Ctrl+Shift+F12 listed under "Current keys." If you don't, press Ctrl+P in
the "Press new shortcut key" box and then click Assign.

http://word.mvps.org