Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rachelle Rachelle is offline

Default Headers with Page Numbers

I have MS 2007 and I cannot get the name of the page and the page number both
to get in the header section. When I put one in and then try to put the
other one in, the one I put in first is gone!! I need them both to be there
and also for the page numbers to change automatically as I am typing my
paper. How do I do this??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:13:00 -0800, Rachelle
wrote:

I have MS 2007 and I cannot get the name of the page and the page number both
to get in the header section. When I put one in and then try to put the
other one in, the one I put in first is gone!! I need them both to be there
and also for the page numbers to change automatically as I am typing my
paper. How do I do this??

Whenever you use one of the Header gallery pictures in the dropdown,
it will _always_ completely replace anything that's already in the
header. To add to or alter the items you already have there, click the
"Edit header" item at the bottom of the gallery.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman