Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
NoExpert

Default Figure Caption

I am writing text with figures and do not find a simple way of putting figure
captions, i.e. "Fig. 1. The top panel shows...". I am now putting a text
box within the drawing canvas and under the "picture" in the figure. But
there must be a better way. In WordPerfect (dare I say that name...) one
right clicks on the figure and the options "Create caption" or "Edit Caption"
appear. And there is even a helpful self-numbering facility. How to do it
in Word?