Niti

Default Icons disappears when Word 2003 restarted.

I added the new useful icons by means of dragging with mouse on the toolbar
from the way of toolbar-customize-commands. Everything is ok until here. When
I closed Word, all of them disappear on the toolbar. I cant understand why. I
reinstalled Office, although I reinstalled Windows later, I did not
accomplish. Please help. Thanks for your promt interests.

Niti

Word did not promt me to save Normal.dot whether I choosed "prompt to save
option" in options.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill":

"Niti" wrote in message
In other words, Word dont save the settins on Normal.dot in Startup folder

in
application data. There isnt exist the problem in Excel.

"Niti":

I added the new useful icons by means of dragging with mouse on the

toolbar
from the way of toolbar-customize-commands. Everything is ok until here.

When
I closed Word, all of them disappear on the toolbar. I cant understand

why. I
reinstalled Office, although I reinstalled Windows later, I did not
accomplish. Please help. Thanks for your promt interests.

I'm not sure why your customizations were not saved or why you were not
prompted to save Normal.dot if you had the prompt enabled, but I can tell
you that reinstalling Word will have made no difference at all because it
does not overwrite Normal.dot (and if it did, it would only have wiped out
your customizations).

"Niti" wrote in message
Word did not promt me to save Normal.dot whether I choosed "prompt to save
option" in options.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill":

Did Word prompt you to save Normal.dot? If so, did you say yes?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Niti" wrote in message
In other words, Word dont save the settins on Normal.dot in Startup

folder
in
application data. There isnt exist the problem in Excel.

"Niti":

I added the new useful icons by means of dragging with mouse on the

toolbar
from the way of toolbar-customize-commands. Everything is ok until

here.
When
I closed Word, all of them disappear on the toolbar. I cant

understand
why. I
reinstalled Office, although I reinstalled Windows later, I did not
accomplish. Please help. Thanks for your promt interests.

Niti

I unisntalled MS Office and reinstalled it. But it doesnt change anything.
Also, I repeat setup Windows XP and I did a new installation all softwares
such as Office 2003, and result is negatife. The problem is being continue
still.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill":

"Niti" wrote in message
In other words, Word dont save the settins on Normal.dot in Startup

folder
in
application data. There isnt exist the problem in Excel.

"Niti":

I added the new useful icons by means of dragging with mouse on the
toolbar
from the way of toolbar-customize-commands. Everything is ok until

here.
When
I closed Word, all of them disappear on the toolbar. I cant

understand
why. I
reinstalled Office, although I reinstalled Windows later, I did not
accomplish. Please help. Thanks for your promt interests.

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Tml0aQ==?=,

Word did not promt me to save Normal.dot whether I choosed "prompt to save
option" in options.

1. Could you please search your hard-drive for Normal.dot? How many files
does it turn up of this name? (Note: in the Windows Explorer/Tools/Folder
options/View you MUST turn on the display of hidden files; and you must
include hidden files in the Windows file search.)

2. Are you connected to a network?

3. Is the folder in which the Normal.dot (assuming you have only the one) set
as "read-only"? Or is the Normal.dot itself set to "read-only"?

4. Use Insert/AutoText/AutoText to create the AutoText entries. Make sure
"Normal.dot" is selected from the list at the bottom before you click "add".

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

In typing dates in Word, i.e. "January 12" how do you keep the "1. Carol Microsoft Word Help 2 January 12th 05 08:09 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM
MS Office 2003 Word Document Icons dhprof Microsoft Word Help 1 November 30th 04 06:33 PM