Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ted Ted is offline

Default How do I reset program defaults

Specifically, when I tab in a list, I want it to automatically go up/in a
level. For instance, from a circular bullet to a square one. And then when I
press CTRL + TAB I want it to go down a level, or however that should be
phrased.

Right now, it just automatically indents, and it's quite annoying.
Especially the fact that there are all these random indents in the settings.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Ted

In earlier versions of Word, Tools | Options | Edit. Tick "Tabs and
backspace set left indent".

In Word 2002 and 2003, do Tools | Autocorrect Options | AutoFormat as you
Type. Tick Set left- and first-indent with tabs and backspaces. If you've
never visited this dialog box before, avoid the temptation to tick anything
that isn't already ticked.

But if you really want to control how your bullets work, see
How to control bullets in Microsoft Word
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.

"Ted" wrote in message
Specifically, when I tab in a list, I want it to automatically go up/in a
level. For instance, from a circular bullet to a square one. And then when
press CTRL + TAB I want it to go down a level, or however that should be
phrased.

Right now, it just automatically indents, and it's quite annoying.
Especially the fact that there are all these random indents in the
settings.

How do I reset the defaults for the Insert Text Box button? GregB Tables 1 March 7th 07 07:58 PM
how can I reset Word back to the factory defaults tmk Microsoft Word Help 1 January 25th 07 06:37 AM
reset defaults seanpaul99 New Users 6 September 12th 05 03:47 PM
How do I reset page size when defaults to European paper sizes ov. European Page Size Defaults Page Layout 1 December 5th 04 10:44 AM