Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
GillWeb GillWeb is offline

Default Siting of page on-screen

Someone using Word 2003 has a problem in that at 75% (which she
prefers) the page appears at the left side of her screen instead of in
the centre. I can't find any way to make it appear in the centre of
the screen - any ideas please? I've tried it on several other PCs and
it always comes in the middle, but I can't find any different setting
that could be causing it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

How the screen is displayed is determined by the amount of resolution and
the size of the active Window. At some point on the zoom scale Word will
choose to display two pages rather than one and it sounds as though that
occurs on this screen at 75%. Obviously if there is only one page to display
it will be on the left. If you grab the right size of the window and drag it
to make the window narrower, does the page jump to the centre at some point?
You may find that changing the zoom to (say) 78% or 80% reverts to single
page display. You can check the threshold by setting the zoom to two pages.
Make it 1% larger.