Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
peanutt99[_2_] peanutt99[_2_] is offline

Default Track Changes - Deleting Words

I have track changes turned on in my Word 2007 document. I am looking at the
document in "Final Shoring Markup". When I highlight the area to replace the
wording, instead of showing it as a change and adding the new words it
deletes the highlighted area. Example: I want to delete the word Example.
I highlight the word example and use the backspace key. Instead of red
lining the word and lettign me replace it with the new word "New Example", it
deletes the word example. Any ideas why this happens?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
peanutt99[_2_] peanutt99[_2_] is offline

Dear Suzanne,

Track changes is turned on.

This is puzzeling.

"peanutt99" wrote in message
I have track changes turned on in my Word 2007 document. I am looking at
the
document in "Final Shoring Markup". When I highlight the area to replace
the
wording, instead of showing it as a change and adding the new words it
deletes the highlighted area. Example: I want to delete the word
Example.
I highlight the word example and use the backspace key. Instead of red
lining the word and lettign me replace it with the new word "New Example",
it
deletes the word example. Any ideas why this happens?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
peanutt99[_2_] peanutt99[_2_] is offline

Dear Pam,

Strikethrough is set as the default. Thanks.