Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dar1837 Dar1837 is offline

Default Has anyone seen my FIND dialog box (Word 2007)?

My FIND dialog box in Word has disappear. When I invoke the FIND command
(press Ctrl-F or select Find from the the Edit box, or from my toolbar), the
FIND box does not appear anywhere on my screen. I've closed all windows and
it doesn't seem to be hiding behind anything. FIND is working in all other
applicaitons.

Wondering if I've somehow disabled FIND functionality, or if the dialog is
minimized somewhere that I can't see. Any ideas how to get my FIND dialog box
back?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, when you open the Find panel your cursor is in the box, so you
could start typing something and see if it appears.

Does this also happen with Ctrl-H (Find and Replace) and Ctrl-G
(GoTo)?

On Jan 20, 11:41*am, Dar1837
wrote:
My FIND dialog box in Word has disappear. When I invoke the FIND command
(press Ctrl-F or select Find from the the Edit box, or from my toolbar), the
FIND box does not appear anywhere on my screen. I've closed all windows and
it doesn't seem to be hiding behind anything. FIND is working in all other
applicaitons.

Wondering if I've somehow disabled FIND functionality, or if the dialog is
minimized somewhere that I can't see. Any ideas how to get my FIND dialog box
back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

It's unlikely that this has happened accidentally, but one way would be to
have a macro called "EditFind".

Perhaps you have an AddIn that is causing the problem. Does it still go
wrong if you start Word in Safe Mode (press and hold Ctrl while starting
Word)?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Dar1837" wrote in message
My FIND dialog box in Word has disappear. When I invoke the FIND command
(press Ctrl-F or select Find from the the Edit box, or from my toolbar),
the
FIND box does not appear anywhere on my screen. I've closed all windows
and
it doesn't seem to be hiding behind anything. FIND is working in all other
applicaitons.

Wondering if I've somehow disabled FIND functionality, or if the dialog is
minimized somewhere that I can't see. Any ideas how to get my FIND dialog
box
back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dar1837 Dar1837 is offline

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, after Ctrl-F or G or H, I can in fact type
an entry without actually seeing the Find box. And when I press return, Word
does in fact find the entry I typed. That, and the fact that Find shows up in
Task Manager tells me the box is active, but hiding someplace.

So I put my display in Extended mode (monitor + notebook) and discovered the
Find box was moved off the edge of the visible display area ..... arrrrrg.

Thanks for your help.

.