TheRogue! TheRogue! is offline
Junior Member

Question Populate Word from Excel

Let me start by saying that I basically use Word as a typewriter - Type something, Print, maybe save. I am first & foremost an Excel-guy.

Now I have a situation where I have an Excel Sheet which gets filled out many times & saved with various names (once the data is populated) & I have need to have 1 Word document with fields(?) that I could point to any one of these various Excel files & populate the multiple variable fields(?) from a specific cell location. The format of all of the source Excel sheets is the same, so the cell location will be consistant, reguardless of which Excel file is chosen.

How the heck do I even begin to do this? I've been pouring over the MS Office Help & searchig the internet. The closest I've come is mail-merge (which doesn't really do the trick).