ep2002 ep2002 is offline
Banned

Default Text Boxes

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm using 2003.

So I've never done text boxes before, but I have to do it now for a client.

I got most of it figured out except these issues:

1. The background needs to be all black, but only the outside of the 3 boxes are taking the background color.

2. I can't move the logo around. Whenever I right click & go to format picture, then layout, the options are all greyed out, so I can't click on square or tight so I can move it & some text around.

I wanted to upload a SS so you could see what I've done so far, but the forum is saying it's beyond the max.

Thank you

Michelle
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

1. Are you saying that you set the background color of the *page* to black?
In that case, you will have to make sure that the Fill Color for the text
box is set to "No Color." Right-click the box and choose Format Text Box on
the context menu. You'll find the "Color" option under "Fill" on the Colors
and Lines tab.

2. What kind of image is this and where did you place it? If the image is
inside a text box, you will have to change the Text Wrapping for the entire
text box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ep2002" wrote in message

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm using 2003.

So I've never done text boxes before, but I have to do it now for a
client.

I got most of it figured out except these issues:

1. The background needs to be all black, but only the outside of the 3
boxes are taking the background color.

2. I can't move the logo around. Whenever I right click & go to format
picture, then layout, the options are all greyed out, so I can't click
on square or tight so I can move it & some text around.

I wanted to upload a SS so you could see what I've done so far, but the
forum is saying it's beyond the max.

Thank you

Michelle

--
ep2002

ep2002 ep2002 is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom[_3_] View Post

"ep2002" wrote in message

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm using 2003.

So I've never done text boxes before, but I have to do it now for a
client.

I got most of it figured out except these issues:

1. The background needs to be all black, but only the outside of the 3
boxes are taking the background color.

2. I can't move the logo around. Whenever I right click & go to format
picture, then layout, the options are all greyed out, so I can't click
on square or tight so I can move it & some text around.

I wanted to upload a SS so you could see what I've done so far, but the
forum is saying it's beyond the max.

Thank you

Michelle

--
ep2002
Hi,

No, not the page, the inside of the boxes. Ohhh, I see what I didn't do, I had to click within the boxes as well & do the fill color.

Ok, that's done. What's interesting is that it made the text white once I filled in the boxes with blank. I didn't have to color the text white. Why did it do that? I didn't think Word was THAT smart LOL

Now how do I change the text wrapping for within the box? Yes, that's where the image is & the text I need to move around is.

Wish I could show you the letter.

Thanks a ton

Michelle
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word, when the color of the text is set to "Automatic," the displayed
color will switch to white if the background is sufficiently dark. I believe
this option has been around for quite some time (since Word 97 if I remember
correctly).

As I wrote, for the picture inside a text box, you will have to change the
wrapping for the entire text box. Select the box, right-click and choose
Format Text Box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ep2002" wrote in message

'Stefan Blom[_3_ Wrote:
;494131']1. Are you saying that you set the background color of the
*page* to black?
In that case, you will have to make sure that the Fill Color for the
text
box is set to "No Color." Right-click the box and choose Format Text Box
on
the context menu. You'll find the "Color" option under "Fill" on the
Colors
and Lines tab.

2. What kind of image is this and where did you place it? If the image
is
inside a text box, you will have to change the Text Wrapping for the
entire
text box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ep2002" wrote in message
...-

[...]

ep2002 ep2002 is offline

"ep2002" wrote in message

'Stefan Blom[_3_ Wrote:
;494131']1. Are you saying that you set the background color of the
*page* to black?
In that case, you will have to make sure that the Fill Color for the
text
box is set to "No Color." Right-click the box and choose Format Text Box
on
the context menu. You'll find the "Color" option under "Fill" on the
Colors
and Lines tab.

2. What kind of image is this and where did you place it? If the image
is
inside a text box, you will have to change the Text Wrapping for the
entire
text box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ep2002"
wrote in message
...-

[...]

As I mentioned, the text wrap was greyed out.

Anyway, I hired someone who's actually very good at Word to help me & in the end she showed me that it was a ton faster to just create a table.

My client was the one who suggested text boxes & clearly she didn't know that making a table would have been much faster.

Thanks to all.

Michelle

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"ep2002" wrote in message

As I mentioned, the text wrap was greyed out.

My assumption was that you were inadvertently accessing the properties of
the *image* itself, not its text box container.

Anyway, I'm glad you were able to make it work with a table cell instead.
Thanks for the follow-up!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP