Default Word 2003 vs Word 2000 text files

Are you really getting an "error message" or just a message box saying, "Do
you really want to do this?" If it's the latter, just say yes. This is a
security issue. See €œYou receive a security warning message when you open or
when you save a document in Word 2002€ at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=840662

"Eric" wrote in message
Hi,

I have been using Word 2000 and saving files as "TEXT ONLY" .

How do I use Word 2003 and Save files like the 2000 format?

I have tried using Plain Text in Word 2003 and I get error messages from

my
program that use the older format from 2000.

What is the difference and how do I resolve the problem?

Thanks

Eric

I am getting an error message from a program that use the "Text Only" format
from Word 2000. I would like to be able to save in the same format so the
program will work.

Thanks
Eric

"Eric" wrote in message
Hi,

I have been using Word 2000 and saving files as "TEXT ONLY" .

How do I use Word 2003 and Save files like the 2000 format?

I have tried using Plain Text in Word 2003 and I get error messages from

my
program that use the older format from 2000.

What is the difference and how do I resolve the problem?

Thanks

Did you look at the referenced KB article?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you really getting an "error message" or just a message box saying,

"Do
you really want to do this?" If it's the latter, just say yes. This is a
security issue. See €œYou receive a security warning message when you

open or
when you save a document in Word 2002€ at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=840662

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Eric" wrote in message
Hi,

I have been using Word 2000 and saving files as "TEXT ONLY" .

How do I use Word 2003 and Save files like the 2000 format?

I have tried using Plain Text in Word 2003 and I get error messages

from
my
program that use the older format from 2000.

What is the difference and how do I resolve the problem?

Thanks

Eric

Suzanne,

I am not getting error messages from Word. Word is working fine. I am
getting error messages from a program I had writen and uses "Text Only" files
from Word 2000. Word 2003 doesn't seem to store the file in the same format
as Word 2003. I was wondering if there was a way, without throwing out Word
2003, of getting the same format Word 2000 uses.

Thanks

"Eric" wrote in message
Hi,

I have been using Word 2000 and saving files as "TEXT ONLY" .

How do I use Word 2003 and Save files like the 2000 format?

I have tried using Plain Text in Word 2003 and I get error

messages
from
my
program that use the older format from 2000.

What is the difference and how do I resolve the problem?

Thanks

Word 2003 offers several text formats. I can only suggest that you
experiment with different ones till you find one that works. Or rewrite the
program. But for much better advice, you would do better to post in one of
the word.vba NGs, where the developers hang out, instead of in this end user
NG.