Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
cherold cherold is offline

Default wondering if it's possible to create some sort of form I can use tocreate an XML document

Hi, I'm wondering if it is possible to use Word to create a form I can
use to create XML documents. Basically what I would want is something
where I can input certain information that will be used in a few
different places in a document and other information that will go in
one place. For example (the places where I would want to type in
information are in brackets):

enter title: [TEXT INPUT]

?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ? articledocument
category[PULL DOWN MENU]/category
Meta_Data
Title[INSERT DATA FROM "ENTER TITLE" FIELD] - Review/Title
Keywords[TEXT INPUT]/Keywords
/Meta_Data
Heading[INSERT DATA FROM "ENTER TITLE" FIELD] - Review/Heading
Sub-heading[TEXT INPUT - LIMITED TO 60 CHARACTERS]/Sub-heading
Content[TEXT INPUT - LIMITED TO 2000 CHARACTERS]/Content
/Document /Article

Is this possible in Word 2002? If so, could someone be kind enough to
tell me how I would do it or where I could find a very simple
explanation of how to do it? Thanks.