Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
denise denise is offline

Default Templates behaving oddly (Word 2003)

I've used MS Word for a hundred years, so this isn't a "newbie" question.

My doc templates have worked nicely, only complaint has been that they
"forget" that I saved them to Page Width, not 85%. It was annoying, but
do-able, because once switched, all new docs opened correctly... until the
next time I shut down Word and re-opened.

Two weeks ago, ALL doc templates started behaving oddly. I never use markup
view - no need - and suddenly every single doc template has as default
"markup view" with "header and footer" NOT visible. That means when I open
Word, I have to change page width, uncheck markup view, and re-check header
and footer view.

Even more bizar Docs that were long ago saved with the old settings, when
now opened, don't show header and footer, but do show markup view. Etc.

I've tried the usual remedies, i.e. resaving the doc templates. Nothing helps.

Is this a result of a Microsoft "update", since it just started happening
recently?