katy_o

Default stop UK spell check in Word switching to US

There doesn't seem to be a feature in Word to let me select UK English
permanently for the dictionary. Sometimes I start off in UK English but then
type a word like 'globalization' (which can be spelt with a z or an s in the
UK) and from then on the spell check thinks I want to use American spelling.
Even in the spell check feature where you can select UK English as a
preference, it only does this on a word by word basis and even then switches
back when I continue writing.

If there could be a feature where you selected which type of english you
wanted as standard - and the computer stuck to it rather than switching back
and forth - that would be great.