Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Al Trudeau Al Trudeau is offline

Default Drop-down form field appearance

I've searched here for about an hour, and I cannot find a solution.

I've created "Drop-downs" for my form, but they don't work. I saved the
document as a template and then opened it up. The fields show up highlighted
in grey (naturally) but they do not display the 'drop-down arrow'. It
doesn't matter if I open up the template itself, or use the template
(...opening up a 'new' Document1, e.g.).

The only way to 'choose' the value is to double-click the field, and then
move the entry up or down in the list box. ????

I'm using Word 2003.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

You need to protect the document. The best way to do that is with the padlock
icon on the Forms toolbar. Just open the Forms toolbar (right-click in
toolbar area and click on "Forms") and click on the padlock. It toggles the
protection on and off.

I hope this helps.

Fred

"Al Trudeau" wrote:

I've searched here for about an hour, and I cannot find a solution.

I've created "Drop-downs" for my form, but they don't work. I saved the
document as a template and then opened it up. The fields show up highlighted
in grey (naturally) but they do not display the 'drop-down arrow'. It
doesn't matter if I open up the template itself, or use the template
(...opening up a 'new' Document1, e.g.).

The only way to 'choose' the value is to double-click the field, and then
move the entry up or down in the list box. ????

I'm using Word 2003.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Al Trudeau Al Trudeau is offline

Yep. I figured that out. My problem was that I was trying to do it on a
'template'. It will not work. But now, that's not my real problem --- I
really didn't want to lock the form down just to make these drop-downs work!

Any suggestions?