Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Humphrey Humphrey is offline

Default Linking to Graphics in SharePoint

I would like to link to graphics created in an Excel 2007 file that is housed
on a sharepoint site. The spreadsheet is used throughout the company and I'd
like to have the updated graphics update automagically within word.
Is this possible?? Are the links maintained? Any traps to watch out for
during this process??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Humphrey Humphrey is offline

For the record I've solved my own problem. The key factor here is to ensure
that you open the relevant spreadsheet(s) from the SharePoint site - in edit
mode - update and save them, and leave them open on your machine before
opening the Word document.
This then means the graphics can be found when the Word doc is opened and
are thus updated. If the spreadsheets are not open Word returns an error and
the link to the particular graphic is lost for good.
Good luck.