Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kathryn kathryn is offline

Default How do I restore Envelope/Label Wizard icon?

Somehow I changed my New Blank Document icon, so when I clicked that icon on,
I had characters on the new blank document. Someone helped me to change that
in the Trusted Templates, normal..., which I was able to do. I did something
to my envelope/label wizard to have page numbers on the labels. Was told to
do the same thing that I did to change my new blank document icon, but when I
did it, my new blank document was an envelope and not a 81/2 by 11 sheet,
portrait. Then I went to use my envelope/label wizard and a box pops up,
nothing like it did before. So while trying to correct one mistake, I have
made several mistakes and I would like it back to its orginal state when it
was first installed. This is Word 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

With Word and Outlook closed, rename the normal template normal.dotm to
(say) normal.old
Locate and delete the file Word.qat which will be in the folder:
%appdata%\..\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE
(Copy the above into the address box of Windows Explorer and press enter)
Then delete or rename (olddata) the Word data key in the registry
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\W ord\Data

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm

That should take you as close to install defaults as you require to resolve
the problem, which was originally caused by adding page numbers to the
normal template. Do not add header/footer information to the normal
template!

Kathryn wrote:
Somehow I changed my New Blank Document icon, so when I clicked that
icon on, I had characters on the new blank document. Someone helped
me to change that in the Trusted Templates, normal..., which I was
able to do. I did something to my envelope/label wizard to have page
numbers on the labels. Was told to do the same thing that I did to
change my new blank document icon, but when I did it, my new blank
document was an envelope and not a 81/2 by 11 sheet, portrait. Then I
went to use my envelope/label wizard and a box pops up, nothing like
it did before. So while trying to correct one mistake, I have made
several mistakes and I would like it back to its original state when
it was first installed. This is Word 2007.

Envelope and label wizard help JamCo Page Layout 1 March 11th 08 07:48 AM
Envelope wizard P D Sterling New Users 4 January 28th 08 06:26 PM
How to restore minimised page-no icon on toolbar Liz Microsoft Word Help 1 June 20th 07 04:32 PM
how do i restore icon for font size Alisa C Microsoft Word Help 1 November 19th 05 04:16 AM
envelope wizard kcordill Microsoft Word Help 4 June 29th 05 03:15 PM