Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeborahL

Default Clear Read Only documents

I copied files to my CD and they are all saying they are read-only. I found a
hint on your board to go to Windows Explorer/File/Properties and click on the
General Tab for each file and clear the Read-only check box. I did and hit
apply and it didn't keep it. It reverts to Read Only. I need help. Thankyou.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

The files on the CD *are* read only and cannot be changed. Copy to the hard
drive and uncheck the read only property. Work on the document from the hard
drive and copy back to the CD.

DeborahL wrote:
I copied files to my CD and they are all saying they are read-only. I
found a hint on your board to go to Windows Explorer/File/Properties
and click on the General Tab for each file and clear the Read-only
check box. I did and hit apply and it didn't keep it. It reverts to
Read Only. I need help. Thankyou.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LC Killingbeck

"?B?RGVib3JhaEw=?=" wrote in
:

I copied files to my CD and they are all saying they are read-only. I
found a hint on your board to go to Windows Explorer/File/Properties
and click on the General Tab for each file and clear the Read-only
check box. I did and hit apply and it didn't keep it. It reverts to
Read Only. I need help. Thankyou.

Did you copy the files to your hard drive? The read-only attribute
cannot be changed on a CD drive. First copy to the hard drive,
then remove the read-only on that copy on the hard drive.

I've never played with RW versions of a CD (CD-RW), and am presuming
that when you say CD, you mean the write-once variety, which cannot
be changed once written (hence, read-only).

Lynn Killingbeck