Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
K K is offline

Default Delete Pasted Excel Chart

To the chart I created in Excel 2003 I added borders to some of it with the
Borders icon on the toolbar. In addition I did File - Page Setup - Sheet -
selected Gridlines. Then I copied and pasted that chart into a Word 2003
document. Now I have made a change in the Excel chart and tried to delete the
previously copied and pasted chart in the Word docu to allow me to copy and
paste the new chart into my Word docu. The data can be hilited and deleted
but I can't seem to find a way to delete the borders and gridlines. Even more
interesting is when I click on the print preview icon in the Word docu, only
the data and borders show, the grid lines don't. The gridlines don't appear
when the docu is printed out either.

All this may be related to the fact that sometime back, for some reason I
have yet to understand, my autocorrect selections quit holding and a New
template selection always opens in a new Word in a new window. I was going to
uninstal an reinstal Word but the dealer who sold me this computer and
software a few months ago warned me that the microsoft disc that comes with a
new computer can only be used once now. I have been trying to suffer thru
this mess to save my disc for a more important time but this is really
getting to be a problem.

If these two issues are related then is it possible my Word program is in
somesort of self-destruct mode?

Would anybody have any idea about how to delete the imported Excel gridlines
and borders from a Word 2003 docu? All ideas, suggestions and comments will
be greatly appreciated. Thanks, K.