Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wal[_2_] wal[_2_] is offline

Default Hyperlinks - drive nomenclature

Word 2007
Vista Enterprise

Our organization is set up so that each person has a drive on the
network (W, each department has a departmental drive (S, and the
whole organization has a common drive (T.

The drives have two sets of names: (1) the W:, S:, T: designations and
(2) the network desigations (which, in paths, look something like \\Org
\Dept1\[folder hierarchy]\[filename] for the S: drive).

In Word, I have a macro that automatically creates hyperlinks to a
certain file on the S: drive. The hyperlink field comes out something
like: {HYPERLINK "S:\\Our folder\\NeededFile.doc" \l "Bookmark1"}.

However, when I open the hyperlink using Ctrl-K, the Address appears
in the **network designation** style.

This is ordinarily no problem, except recently we had a local server
corruption so mirror drives on the home office server were temporarily
(= several weeks) invoked so we could access our files. (I don't know
the technicalities of all this; that was basically how it was
explained to me.) These mirror drives have different network names
(although S: etc. still point to them.)

As a result, the hyperlinks in the Word files no longer open. I.e.,
even though the field name shows "S:", the Ctrl-K address shows the
temporarily nonexistent network name.

QUESTION: Is there a way to set Word so that only the S: type name
will appear in Ctrl-K's address field and not the network name? Can I
change the address fields en masse?

Thanks.