Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harshit Harshit is offline

Default Default Format when word document is opened

Hello Everyone,

I have a small problem.

I create a file in word and save it in the Word document format (.doc). I
send it using outlook to my boss to read the report.

Now, when my boss opens it up it opens up in the Rich Text Format (.rtf). I
am not sure why this is hapennig.

Can anyone hlp me out ?

Thanks,

Har****
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do you have file name extensions displayed in Windows? If not, the document
could be saved with what seems to be the correct extension but in fact have
another that you cannot see (for exampe: mydocument.doc.rtf).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP