ClaesG

Default Space before and after table

I try to consistently use existing properties of the various text objects
when formatting documents, e.g. always use the space before and after
property of paragraph styles rather than messing with inserted empty
paragraphs.
But how do I achieve the same effect with tables, i.e. specifying a space
before or after the table? I have looked and looked, but not been able to
find any property of a table that would do the trick. It is a rather
unsatisfactory solution to make ad hoc adjustments to the surrounding
paragraph styles, or create special styles for these paragraphs.
I run Word 2003
TIA
Stefan Blom

Unfortunately, the only way to add spacing above or below a table is
to use Spacing Before or After for the paragraphs surrounding the
table. Sometimes, you can make use of existing styles to add the
spacing (it depends on how your document is formatted, of course). But
if you cannot, it might be well worth creating a couple of styles
specifically for the purpose, especially if there are many tables in
your document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ClaesG" wrote in message
I try to consistently use existing properties of the various text

objects
when formatting documents, e.g. always use the space before and

after
property of paragraph styles rather than messing with inserted empty
paragraphs.
But how do I achieve the same effect with tables, i.e. specifying a

space
before or after the table? I have looked and looked, but not been

able to
find any property of a table that would do the trick. It is a rather
unsatisfactory solution to make ad hoc adjustments to the

surrounding
paragraph styles, or create special styles for these paragraphs.
I run Word 2003
TIA

Stefan Blom

Don't forget that you can format the caption style to suit your needs,
which takes care of spacing above (or below, depending on document
format)!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP