Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KenW KenW is offline

Default How do I delete a multilevel list in Word 2007?

I created a multilevel list but in the process made a few that didn't work. I
can't see how to delete the duds.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you created a list style you can delete it the way you delete any other
style. Note, however, that you cannot delete the underlying list templates
from the document. The best you can do is copy the document contents, except
for the final paragraph mark (¶), into a new document.

In order to show/hide paragraph marks as well as other nonprinting marks,
you can press Ctrl+Shift+8.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"KenW" wrote in message
I created a multilevel list but in the process made a few that didn't work.
can't see how to delete the duds.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KenW KenW is offline

Stefan,
I can't see how to delete it. It doesn't appear in the Styles group, only in
the Multilevel List panel. I've tried right clicking and hunting through the
various commands without success. I tried searching in Windows using the name
I gave the List Style but that didn't find it. I would like to experiment
with this part of Word to try to sort out some of the wrinkles but if I can't
get rid of the muckups I am reluctant to do so. I appreciate your help.
KenW

"KenW" wrote in message
I created a multilevel list but in the process made a few that didn't work.
can't see how to delete the duds.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), click the Manage Styles button. In
the dialog box you should be able to delete the list style. But as I wrote
you can never delete the underlying numbering scheme (the list template).
What you can do is copy the text to a new document, and then you will get
rid of all list templates not applied to the copied text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP