Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
R in AZ R in AZ is offline

Default how do i move selected pages to a new word document

I have created a long document (100+ pages) consisting of several chapters
and want to remove the chapters from the main doc into their own separate
documents (i.e. 12 chapters would be 12 separate documents). I checked
on-line help and read about selecting thumbnail pages (no problem) which
could then be separated from the mother doc by clicking on Move Pages to New
Document in Page menu. I have only Page Layout, thus the Move...New Doc is
nowhere to be found.
What am I missing here???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If each chapter is in a separate Section (that is separated by Section
Breaks), you could use a macro containing the following code:

Sub splitter()
' splitter Macro
' Macro created by Doug Robbins to save each letter created by a mailmerge
' as a separate file, retaining the header and footer information.
Dim i As Long, Source As Document, Target As Document, Letter As Range
Set Source = ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To Source.Sections.Count
Set Letter = Source.Sections(i).Range
Set Target = Documents.Add
Target.Range = Letter
Target.Sections(2).PageSetup.SectionStart = wdSectionContinuous
Target.SaveAs FileName:="Letter" & i
Target.Close
Next i
End Sub