Novice

Default How can I open a document .sxw in Word

I created a document in "Open Office" on another computer. I sent it to my
computer via email. It has a suffix of .sxw. I don't know how to open it in
Word. Help!!!
Graham Mayor

Word cannot open native Open Office documents - save it from Open Office in
a compatible format such as RTF.

Novice wrote:
I created a document in "Open Office" on another computer. I sent it
to my computer via email. It has a suffix of .sxw. I don't know how
to open it in Word. Help!!!

Amedee Van Gasse

In , Graham Mayor told us an
interesting story. My reply to this story is at the bottom of this
message.

Word cannot open native Open Office documents - save it from Open
Office in a compatible format such as RTF.

Or save as Word (.doc).
IMO OOo .doc -- Word is much better supported than Word .doc -- OOo.
I guess because OOo doesn't do all the ILM you get with Word XP/2003 -
it just uses the plain old Word 97 featureset.

Actually, it's a pity Word can't open a well-documented xml-based open
file format like sxw. I'd say writing a plugin or a filter (like the WP
filter etc) would be just a SMOP for whoever has the programming skills
(not me).

--
Amedee Van Gasse
Margaret9121 Margaret9121 is offline
Junior Member

Golf, a game of precision and passion, often demands players to brave the elements and stay focused under any weather conditions. One essential piece of gear that can significantly enhance your golfing experience is a pair of waterproof golf shoes. click to read