jimbo

Default how do i add auto text item to header/footer pulldown list?

I am trying to insert a new item in the pull down list in the 'insert auto
text' under headers and footers and i can not figure out how to do this.
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 02:50:02 -0700, "jimbo"
wrote:

I am trying to insert a new item in the pull down list in the 'insert auto
text' under headers and footers and i can not figure out how to do this.

The items in that list are the autotext entries that are formatted
with Header style or Footer style. Place your new item in a blank
document, format it with Header style, select it, and press Alt+F3.
Then you can discard the blank document, and the autotext will be
stored in the Normal.dot template (which you need to save -- hold
Shift while you click File, then select Save All).

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...n/AutoText.htm for more
info.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Jay Freedman

What "same thing"? If you mean a dropdown list of AutoText entries, then
no -- Excel doesn't have AutoText.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

wrote:

I am trying to insert a new item in the pull down list in the
'insert auto text' under headers and footers and i can not figure
out how to do this.

The items in that list are the autotext entries that are formatted
with Header style or Footer style. Place your new item in a blank
document, format it with Header style, select it, and press Alt+F3.
Then you can discard the blank document, and the autotext will be
stored in the Normal.dot template (which you need to save -- hold
Shift while you click File, then select Save All).

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...n/AutoText.htm for more
info.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Foppa

I'm sorry I wasn't clear, I was referring to the "drop down list" on the
Header/Footer tab under Page Setup in Excel. I was wondering if there was a
way to save a custom header/footer in this drop down list. Thanks for your
help.

wrote:

I am trying to insert a new item in the pull down list in the
'insert auto text' under headers and footers and i can not figure
out how to do this.

The items in that list are the autotext entries that are formatted
with Header style or Footer style. Place your new item in a blank
document, format it with Header style, select it, and press Alt+F3.
Then you can discard the blank document, and the autotext will be
stored in the Normal.dot template (which you need to save -- hold
Shift while you click File, then select Save All).

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...n/AutoText.htm for more
info.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Robin

"jimbo" wrote:

I am trying to insert a new item in the pull down list in the 'insert auto
text' under headers and footers and i can not figure out how to do this.

Go to the original table where the drop down items are and add it there.