Default font & default paragraph spacing changing automatically

Old October 16th 08, 04:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doo

I work on a customer support center. We're running Office 2007 and I have two
users who have their word default font change back to calibri and the default
paragraph spacing changes to 10 pt after and 1.5 line spacing. One of them
has a macro for an automatic closing. When the default font changes, the
macro disappears. We all have Adobe version 8.1 (from looking this error up
on other posts) but niether of them use it. I'm wondering why this default
font is changing for just two people out of over 1000 users.
Old October 16th 08, 05:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This combination of symptoms suggests that Normal.dot is either not being
saved or is being replaced at startup. Some versions of Adobe Acrobat
prevent Normal.dot from being saved (though not the one you mention, I
think); see the last portion of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

Old October 16th 08, 05:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doo

Default Default font & default paragraph spacing changing automaticall

Suzanne, how much of the last portion of this do you suggest I try? And why
is it only happening with two people? (One of which just called that it
happened again)

Old October 16th 08, 06:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The main thing I would recommend is forcing a save of Normal.dotm. In Word
2003 and earlier, you can access the Save All command by pressing
Shift+File. I'm not sure what the equivalent is in Word 2007 (if there is
one), but you can add Save All to the QAT (Office Button | Word Options |
Customize | All Commands), and it even has a button icon! It might be worth
trying this for starters. Alternatively, you could open Normal.dotm for
editing, press Spacebar, then Backspace, then save.

If, after you've made sure that the changed Normal.dotm has been saved, the
changes still aren't preserved the next time Word is started, then it's time
to get in touch with IT or the network admin to see if Normal.dotm is being
"refreshed" at startup. If so, and if this can't/won't be changed, you can
save the style changes in a custom document template and use that as a basis
for new documents instead of Blank Document; the macro can be saved in that
template (if appropriate) or in another template loaded as an add-in (in
Word's Startup folder) so that it will be available to all documents.