How do I align text to the bottom of text box?

Old February 3rd 09, 01:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Wielo2001

Default How do I align text to the bottom of text box?

I'm in Word 2007 and I need to have a single text box on my document set so
that the text aligns automatically at the bottom of that text box, while all
the other text boxes continue to have the text align at the top.

It should work if I right-click on the text box to get the Format Text Box
window, where there is a tab called Text Box that contains a vertical
alignment option...... but when I do that all of the vertical alignment
options are grayed out and unselectable.

What is going on here? How do I change the alignment of just that one box in
my document, without affecting any of the others?
Old February 3rd 09, 09:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Insert a single cell table inside the textbox and then set the vertical
alignment of the table cell to one of the bottom alignments (left, Center or
Right)

You may want to set the inside margins of the textbox to 0 and also adjust
the cell margins of the table.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Old February 3rd 09, 05:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Wielo2001

Inserting a one-cell table inside of the text window does solve the alignment
issue - we'll see if it raises new problems with the template now because the
text blocks and cells are being auto-populated from an HTML form, and because
this particular text block actually has to overlap another separate text
block it will occasionally force the content of one text block to push the
content of the other out of the way. There doesn't seem to be a way to allow
the content of both boxes to float independent of each other.