Can I align text on the bottom of a text box, instead of the top?

Old December 2nd 05, 05:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Can I align text on the bottom of a text box, instead of the top?

I have a text box with variable text in it (specifically, an address and bar
code). The bar code is the last line in the box. I'd like to align the text
from the bottom of the box, so that the extra space that is caused by the
varying lines in the addresses ends up in the top of the box. Can I do that?
How?
Old December 2nd 05, 06:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Insert a two-row table into the text box. Put the address merge fields in row
1, the barcode in row 2. Set the height of row 1 ("exactly") to place row 2
at the bottom of the text box.
--
Ted