Default Paragraph Font Para Char Char Word2003 Die!!

Old September 21st 06, 04:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aaron Hoffmeyer

You have to be kidding!!!

Not that I make a habit of applying Paragraph styles to selected text, but I
have to work with other people's Word documents. Believe it or not, most
people are NOT Word gurus.

I've had the misfortune to inherit about 1,000 documents that all display
"Default Paragraph Font Para Char Char" as the "paragraph style" for
practically every paragraph. I searched for "solutions" to this obvious bug
(aka "feature), and found this:

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1872585.php

If that is the best solution anyone can come up with, then there is
something fundamentally broken in Word, and it has been since 2002. I do not
have time to copy the text into a new document as Plain text and reformat.
But I would like to know what paragraph styles have been applied. How am I
supposed to make "global" changes to a style unless I can tell what it is?
Guess which one it might be?

Is this fixed in Office 2005?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Old September 21st 06, 07:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ann Scharpf

I believe this will fix your problem.

Click Tools Options Edit tab

Deselect "Keep Track of Formatting"
--
Ann Scharpf

Old September 22nd 06, 05:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=902064

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Aaron Hoffmeyer wrote:
[...]

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.