Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lisa Lisa is offline

Default 2007 patch has messed up my top margin

Hi there,

I downloaded the 2007 patch from MS on my existing 2003 office. Now every
new page displays NO top margin even though it is supposed to have a one inch
margin. Increasing the margin has no impact. Everything is always at the top
of the page. The only thing to do seems to be to work on old documents which
already have a top margin, and to ignore the new page function. I have tried
restoring 2003, to no avail. Suggestions?

Lisa
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Lisa" wrote in message
Hi there,

I downloaded the 2007 patch from MS on my existing 2003 office. Now every
new page displays NO top margin even though it is supposed to have a one
inch
margin. Increasing the margin has no impact. Everything is always at the
top
of the page. The only thing to do seems to be to work on old documents
which
already have a top margin, and to ignore the new page function. I have
tried
restoring 2003, to no avail. Suggestions?

Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jake V Jake V is offline

the top margin is cut-off because it is just hiding white space between pages. go to the top of the page and get the double arrow thing. double click that to make it show the white space. What it is hiding is just the margins, so you are not typ9ing on your margin it just looks weird.