Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
e125 e125 is offline

Default Printing Paragraph, Tab and Space Marks

I would like to know how to print out the paragraph, tab and space marks in
my word document. The documents I work with need to be perfect. Thus
double-spaces, unwanted tabs and other mistakes have to be removed. Seeing
such marks printed on a page would help achieve this goal. Any suggestions on
how to accomplish this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Best way I've found is to take a decent screen shot & print that.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/10/08 9:39 AM, in article
, "e125"
wrote:

I would like to know how to print out the paragraph, tab and space marks in
my word document. The documents I work with need to be perfect. Thus
double-spaces, unwanted tabs and other mistakes have to be removed. Seeing
such marks printed on a page would help achieve this goal. Any suggestions on
how to accomplish this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

As mentioned this cannot be printed directly from Word but screen captures
will do it, should be great with a 400+ page docuemnt ;-)
I tend to run through a series of Find/Replace to deal with what you are
describing.
ie space^p for finding spaces at end of paragraphs, spacespace to find
those elusive double/triple spacing (in Tools, Options, Spelling & Grammar,
Grammar settings, you can enforce the number of spaces between sentences,
these will show up in the document as a grammar error (green wiggly line) and
also a spell check will find them).
also ^t to find Tab marks that can be squashed to very small by the
tabulation settings and even screen-captured may not find them.

Hope this helps
DeanH

"e125" wrote:

I would like to know how to print out the paragraph, tab and space marks in
my word document. The documents I work with need to be perfect. Thus
double-spaces, unwanted tabs and other mistakes have to be removed. Seeing
such marks printed on a page would help achieve this goal. Any suggestions on
how to accomplish this?

quotation marks don't appear unless i hit the space bar! charlotte New Users 1 January 17th 08 05:05 AM
Odd space marks drew Microsoft Word Help 1 July 17th 07 02:36 PM
How do I convert paragraph marks to new line marks? Peggy1959 Page Layout 4 January 20th 06 06:52 PM
paragraph marks alis Page Layout 1 April 5th 05 10:26 PM
How can I print the formatting marks (space marks, papagraph mark. AndrewA Microsoft Word Help 1 December 12th 04 08:54 PM