Dustin

Default Getting "Figure A.1" at the end of document

Hi,

I using captions for my figure and table labels. I use the Heading 1 number
before the number, like "Figure 1.1".

But I have appendices at the end of my document, and need the caption to be
Figure A.1, Figure B.1 etc.

I need the appendix title "Appendix A: First appendix" to show up in my TOC
and need the figure and table A.1 in my list of figures and list of tables .

Any ideas???

Dustin

Thanks for all your help Suzanne, my Thesis looks alot better thanks to you!

I hope this is the las problem I run into.
When trying to insert a second List of Tables, it wants to delete the first
one and won't put the second one in. This is wierd since I put a 2nd and 3rd
in for my list of figures with no problem.
Is there some sort of option I need to select to insert another list of
tables (below the existing one)??

"Dustin" wrote in message
Hi,

I using captions for my figure and table labels. I use the Heading 1

number
before the number, like "Figure 1.1".

But I have appendices at the end of my document, and need the caption to

be
Figure A.1, Figure B.1 etc.

I need the appendix title "Appendix A: First appendix" to show up in my

TOC
and need the figure and table A.1 in my list of figures and list of tables

..

Any ideas???

Dustin

NOTE:

I need to add 2 other number lists to the Caption "Table" for my list of
tables. I can get the caption and 1, not all three.

"Dustin" wrote in message
Hi,

I using captions for my figure and table labels. I use the Heading 1

number
before the number, like "Figure 1.1".

But I have appendices at the end of my document, and need the caption to

be
Figure A.1, Figure B.1 etc.

I need the appendix title "Appendix A: First appendix" to show up in my

TOC
and need the figure and table A.1 in my list of figures and list of tables

..

Any ideas???

You can have as many TOCs, TOFs, lists of tables, etc., as you want. If Word
asks whether you want to replace the existing one, say no. And be careful to
leave at least one empty paragraph between the TOC fields so that one
doesn't get inside another.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/numb...ppendixes.html

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Dustin" wrote in message
Hi,

I using captions for my figure and table labels. I use the Heading 1

number
before the number, like "Figure 1.1".

But I have appendices at the end of my document, and need the caption

be
Figure A.1, Figure B.1 etc.

I need the appendix title "Appendix A: First appendix" to show up in

my
TOC
and need the figure and table A.1 in my list of figures and list of

tables
..

Any ideas???

Dustin

For some reason I only get a prompt will "Want to replace, OK? Cancel?"
there is no "No" option.

But I have had the it before were I can say NO.

Very wierd, there must be something not setup right, or i'm putting my
cursor in the wrong spot when inserting.

"Dustin" wrote in message
Hi,

I using captions for my figure and table labels. I use the Heading 1
number
before the number, like "Figure 1.1".

But I have appendices at the end of my document, and need the caption

be
Figure A.1, Figure B.1 etc.

I need the appendix title "Appendix A: First appendix" to show up in

my
TOC
and need the figure and table A.1 in my list of figures and list of

tables
..

Any ideas???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Maxim Maxim is offline

Dear Suzanne - thank you so much for that link, I've been having nightmares
over the vexing issue of Captions in Appendices. This has certainly shown me
a sane, well explained solution (and by an Aussie, go figure!!).