Dr Stephen K Tagg

Default how can I construct a hyperlink from concatenating text and merge.

I'm trying to mailmerge and generate a url pointing to a basic web address
with varying extras on the end depending on which record is merged.

http://s-tagg.market.strath.ac.uk/tr...tria,test,test

test, test should be substitued by different text for each record.

Using Word 2003 with SP1.

Greg Maxey

Dr. Tagg,

Not sure I follow you.

Can you make:
http://s-tagg.market.strath.ac.uk/tr...id_bypass=tria.
part of your main documentment then use {Mergefield "YourMergeField"} to
supply the .test.test element?

Like

http://s-tagg.market.strath.ac.uk/tria/tria.htm?hid_bypass=tria.{Mergefield
"YourMergeField1"}. {Mergefield "YourMergeField2"}

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

Dr Stephen K Tagg wrote:
I'm trying to mailmerge and generate a url pointing to a basic web
address with varying extras on the end depending on which record is
merged.

http://s-tagg.market.strath.ac.uk/tr...tria,test,test

test, test should be substitued by different text for each record.

Using Word 2003 with SP1.

Dr Stephen K Tagg

Thanks Greg,
Yes I've tried mergefields.
What I really want is a clickable Click here in blue with the unrevealed
changing address (that is generated OK as text by the mergefields) activated.

Dr Stephen K Tagg wrote:
I'm trying to mailmerge and generate a url pointing to a basic web
address with varying extras on the end depending on which record is
merged.

http://s-tagg.market.strath.ac.uk/tr...tria,test,test

test, test should be substitued by different text for each record.

Using Word 2003 with SP1.

Greg Maxey

Doctor Tagg,

See if the method Peter Jamieson discusses for merging a URL at this link
might help:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...b9c8cd0e422da9

--

Dr Stephen K Tagg wrote:
I'm trying to mailmerge and generate a url pointing to a basic web
address with varying extras on the end depending on which record is
merged.

http://s-tagg.market.strath.ac.uk/tr...tria,test,test

test, test should be substitued by different text for each record.

Using Word 2003 with SP1.

Hyperlink in Word Attachment ashbronj Microsoft Word Help 0 March 7th 05 06:59 PM
Hyperlink Hijinks Larry Shoots Microsoft Word Help 2 February 28th 05 06:57 PM
Hyperlink bug Jimbo Microsoft Word Help 0 February 1st 05 07:15 PM
hyperlink jr Microsoft Word Help 3 December 9th 04 10:55 PM
Using MAILMERGE fields within HYPERLINK fields for Merge to Email Mark V Mailmerge 2 December 4th 04 04:01 PM