Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
sgt372 sgt372 is offline

Default HEADING 5 PROBLEM

My heading 5 is reverting to 10.1.1.1.1. The last heading before heading 5
is 10.4.2.4, so my heading five should be 10.4.2.4.1. Can anyone help me out
with this problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

Go to a Heading 1, enter the Modify Numbering dialog.
Select Level 5 in the Level scroll bar on the left, click More button,
ensure that "Link Level to style" is Heading 5 (itself) and that "Restart
numbering after" is checked and Level 4 selected.

Getting the numbering to work correctly must be done from the Heading 1
level, this is expalined nicely in Ms Kelly's site below:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

Hope this helps
DeanH

"sgt372" wrote:

My heading 5 is reverting to 10.1.1.1.1. The last heading before heading 5
is 10.4.2.4, so my heading five should be 10.4.2.4.1. Can anyone help me out
with this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
sgt372 sgt372 is offline

Dean,
Thanks for your comments, but unfortunately I have done all this and it is
still not working properly. I have also done a repair word, and that didn't
help either. I am at my wits end.

"sgt372" wrote:

My heading 5 is reverting to 10.1.1.1.1. The last heading before heading 5
is 10.4.2.4, so my heading five should be 10.4.2.4.1. Can anyone help me out
with this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

One quick question - Track Changes is not on is it? ;-)

In past when I have had this happen and the previous instructions just wont
work, I have copied the relevent Styles from a document/template that does
work into the "corrupted" file using the Organizer under Templates/AddIns.
This can overwrites the non-working styles with ones that work.
Best of luck
DeanH

"sgt372" wrote:

My heading 5 is reverting to 10.1.1.1.1. The last heading before heading 5
is 10.4.2.4, so my heading five should be 10.4.2.4.1. Can anyone help me out
with this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

And one more thing you can do is reset your outline numbered scheme. It
would mean resetting up the numbering scheme, but it should clear out any
numbering-related problems.

PamC

DeanH wrote:
One quick question - Track Changes is not on is it? ;-)

In past when I have had this happen and the previous instructions just wont
work, I have copied the relevent Styles from a document/template that does
work into the "corrupted" file using the Organizer under Templates/AddIns.
This can overwrites the non-working styles with ones that work.
Best of luck
DeanH

Dean,
Thanks for your comments, but unfortunately I have done all this and it is

[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]