Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Anglepoise Anglepoise is offline

Default Inserting existing document into another open document??

Hi,

I'm creating a word document and would like to insert an existing,
single-paged word document, into the new document. The page I want to insert
consists of a large diagram, created simply using text boxes and autoshapes
etc. It has very narrow margins but fits onto one page.

However, when I try to insert this existing page into the new, multi-paged
document I'm currently working on, all the page formatting goes to pieces;
the margins completely change, the text splits over more than one page and
bits of the diagram are missing.

All I want to do is to insert a exact copy of my single paged, existing word
document, into a new word document. Is there an easy way I can do this?

Many thanks - I'd very much appreciate some guidance on this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

Have you included two "Section Break New Page" one before and one after where
you want this insertion? Because the original has differing margins which are
not being copied over in the paste, sections break will allow different
margins in one document but the Headers and Footers will require Unlinking
from Previous.

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...onscontent.htm for
further details on this.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Anglepoise" wrote:

Hi,

I'm creating a word document and would like to insert an existing,
single-paged word document, into the new document. The page I want to insert
consists of a large diagram, created simply using text boxes and autoshapes
etc. It has very narrow margins but fits onto one page.

However, when I try to insert this existing page into the new, multi-paged
document I'm currently working on, all the page formatting goes to pieces;
the margins completely change, the text splits over more than one page and
bits of the diagram are missing.

All I want to do is to insert a exact copy of my single paged, existing word
document, into a new word document. Is there an easy way I can do this?

Many thanks - I'd very much appreciate some guidance on this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

Forgot to mention when selecting the original content ensure you select as
well the last paragraph mark as this contains certain information like margin
settings, etc.
And you will also have included all the anchor mark for the text boxes and
shapes.

"Anglepoise" wrote:

Hi,

I'm creating a word document and would like to insert an existing,
single-paged word document, into the new document. The page I want to insert
consists of a large diagram, created simply using text boxes and autoshapes
etc. It has very narrow margins but fits onto one page.

However, when I try to insert this existing page into the new, multi-paged
document I'm currently working on, all the page formatting goes to pieces;
the margins completely change, the text splits over more than one page and
bits of the diagram are missing.

All I want to do is to insert a exact copy of my single paged, existing word
document, into a new word document. Is there an easy way I can do this?

Many thanks - I'd very much appreciate some guidance on this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

DeanH's instructions about section breaks are relevant for text but for
something such as you describe (a diagram), I think I'd be tempted to just
select all the content, Copy, then Paste Special in some picture format. The
diagram would not be editable but should be unchanged. It will, however, be
reduced to fit the page margins unless you insert section breaks and change
the margins as DeanH suggests.