Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
IrishSkier IrishSkier is offline

Default Creating a Form

I asked this yesterday, and someone asnswered, but when I opened the page it
was blank. If you answered, thank you. I need to create a SIMPLE form for a
4 question survey. Someone filling out the survey will only have 2 or 3
choices for answers. I would like the answers to be displayed in a Drop-Down
field. When I try using the Forms toolbar, and click on "drop-down," I get a
gray box, when I start typing, my characters are outside of (to the right of)
the gray box. What am I doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You need to populate the dropdown form field. In design mode, double-click
on the form field to open the Form Field Options dialog and enter your
choices. After doing this and exiting the Options dialog, you'll need to
protect your form for it to work correctly. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and especially
the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

But if you don't want to create a protected form, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm

"IrishSkier" wrote in message
I asked this yesterday, and someone asnswered, but when I opened the page
it
was blank. If you answered, thank you. I need to create a SIMPLE form
for a
4 question survey. Someone filling out the survey will only have 2 or 3
choices for answers. I would like the answers to be displayed in a
Drop-Down
field. When I try using the Forms toolbar, and click on "drop-down," I
get a
gray box, when I start typing, my characters are outside of (to the right
of)
the gray box. What am I doing wrong?

creating a form BorisS Microsoft Word Help 11 June 4th 08 12:21 PM
creating a form on the web applenub Microsoft Word Help 0 February 4th 08 11:30 PM
Creating a new 'Form' KK New Users 1 March 10th 06 02:20 PM
Creating a form eddie57 Microsoft Word Help 4 October 14th 05 07:43 PM
Creating a Form Broken man New Users 1 September 6th 05 07:00 PM