Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Raymond Chiu Raymond Chiu is offline

Default How to remove reading layout

Dear all,

Everytime, I open word doc. It open into reading layout. How to set it to
normal layout everytime when I open the word doc.
I think it should be the default setting but I don't find it in the tools or
menu bar.
Any help is needed from you. Please help!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

I believe this is one of the settings that is remembered from the last
edit/save, so open a document, change the view, do a small edit, save, close
file, close Word. Some people say that the edit can be deleted and then do
the save, but this never works for me.
Now word word and a document and hopefully it has remembered the view.
If this does not work, it could indicate that the Normal.dot is not work
well, or you need to do the view/edit/save in the Normal.dot.
For info on the Normal.dot, ie its location and how to edit it, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/...ocnotblank.htm

Hope this helps
DeanH
"Raymond Chiu" wrote:

Dear all,

Everytime, I open word doc. It open into reading layout. How to set it to
normal layout everytime when I open the word doc.
I think it should be the default setting but I don't find it in the tools or
menu bar.
Any help is needed from you. Please help!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Raymond Chiu Raymond Chiu is offline

Dear all,

I have solved by doing the following setting.

(1) Open Word
(2) in the menu bar choose tools--Options
(3) choose "General Tab"
(4) uncheck "Allow starting in reading layout"