Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Garland Garland is offline

Default Page setup for 6x9 landscape document

I can't figure this out. I'm printing a 6x9 book with a section that will
be rotated to a landscape view. I will do the landscape section separate
from the portrait section. Since I'm sending it off to a printer, I need to
allow room for the binding (gutters). I do this all the time with regular
portrait style facing pages, but since this will be landscape, both facing
pages should read from top to bottom. kind of document would read like a
calendar or two-sided flip chart. I can't expect the user to flip the book
around for odd and even pages. Just setting the gutter to top, or even
skipping the gutter and trying to do it with the margin setting doesn't seem
to work. There must be a way.

Can I set the margins differently for odd and even pages? That would do the
trick, but it seems not to work, at least with my version.

There must be a way. Anyone?

THX

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You can do this; you just have to trick Word. Set the top and bottom margins
the same. On the Layout tab of Page Setup, check the box for "Different odd
and even." Then add enough Space After to the header paragraph in the Odd
Page Header and enough Space Before to the footer paragraph in the Even Page
Footer to create your "gutter."

To understand how this works, you need to realize that an oversized
header/footer will push the document body down/up; you just need to add
enough space to push it to the desired position on alternating pages.