Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cor van der Bliek Cor van der Bliek is offline

Default Prevent font changes

In a company document users shouls always use Univers as default font. How
can I prevent the other fonts from being used. (Vista-Office 2007)
Can the font list be removed?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

"Cor van der Bliek" wrote:

In a company document users shouls always use Univers as default font. How
can I prevent the other fonts from being used. (Vista-Office 2007)
Can the font list be removed?

Starting with Word 2003, you can protect a document for styles. This means
that only the styles you "unlock" can be used. As soon as the protection is
enabled, all font/paragraph attributes are locked down. This may be overkill
for you purpose...

Got to the Protection Pane and select the first option (Style protection),
select the style you want to allow and enable the protection. Make sure you
include character styles for Bold, Italic and Undelrine or even that will not
be possible.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Cor,

Are these documents sent to folks outside of the company? If so, then be aware that as Univers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univers
is not one of the fonts supplied with MS Office or with Windows that Windows will substitute a different font, qualified by Windows
'similarity' table on machines that do not have Univers font family members installed.

===============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cor van der Bliek Cor van der Bliek is offline

This implicates protecting the document and that's one thing that we don't
want to do, since then a lot of other functions are blocked as well, like
numbered and unnumbered lists, keeping track of changes and so on.
We would like total freedom in the document, except from font and
header/footer changes.

Is this possible?

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

"Cor van der Bliek" wrote:

In a company document users shouls always use Univers as default font. How
can I prevent the other fonts from being used. (Vista-Office 2007)
Can the font list be removed?

Starting with Word 2003, you can protect a document for styles. This means
that only the styles you "unlock" can be used. As soon as the protection is
enabled, all font/paragraph attributes are locked down. This may be overkill
for you purpose...

Got to the Protection Pane and select the first option (Style protection),
select the style you want to allow and enable the protection. Make sure you
include character styles for Bold, Italic and Undelrine or even that will not
be possible.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cor van der Bliek Cor van der Bliek is offline

Document only leave the office in .pdf or printed form, not to edit by
outsiders, so this is not a big issue.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Cor,

Are these documents sent to folks outside of the company? If so, then be aware that as Univers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univers
is not one of the fonts supplied with MS Office or with Windows that Windows will substitute a different font, qualified by Windows
'similarity' table on machines that do not have Univers font family members installed.

===============
"Cor van der Bliek" wrote in message
In a company document users shouls always use Univers as default font. How
can I prevent the other fonts from being used. (Vista-Office 2007)
Can the font list be removed?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

"Cor van der Bliek" wrote:

This implicates protecting the document and that's one thing that we don't
want to do, since then a lot of other functions are blocked as well, like
numbered and unnumbered lists, keeping track of changes and so on.
We would like total freedom in the document, except from font and
header/footer changes.

Is this possible?

Not that I know of.

I think that a well designed template (in which all styles are based on the
one font you want) and basic training can go a long way.

If, after trying the above, you find that there are still "rogue" users who
insist on being creative, even if it goes against corporate policy, then you
could use a macro that would force the appropriate font whenever
saving/printing the document.

See the following page for more infomation on application events. You would
need global "DocumentBeforeSave" and "DocumentBeforePrint" events:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/AppClassEvents.htm