Savio Fernandes

Default I cannot view hyperlinks in mail merged document in Word

I have a data source created in Excel 2003. I am using Word 2003. I am trying
to do a mail merge. The data source in Excel has a field; as email, this
particular field has some websites name. When i complete the mail merge in
Word it appears as normal text.

Please help me on this.
Regards,
Savio Fernandes.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?U2F2aW8gRmVybmFuZGVz?=,

I have a data source created in Excel 2003. I am using Word 2003. I am trying
to do a mail merge. The data source in Excel has a field; as email, this
particular field has some websites name. When i complete the mail merge in
Word it appears as normal text.

You'd need to insert the field into a Word HYPERLINK field, Word won't pick up
the actual Excel hyperlink, only the text. However, you may find you need to
merge to a new Word document, then split the result up and send it to email.
Merge to email has a nasty habit of losing hyperlinks; you'd just have to try
it.

In order to put the mergefield with the URL into a Hyperlink field in Word:

1. Create the main merge document with everything else, first

2. Ctrl+F9 to insert a pair of field brackets

3. Type: Hyperlink

4. Type a space, then press Ctrl+F9 again.

5. Type in the name of the field containing the URL

6. Execute the mail merge

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org